Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Locale does not work with WordNum()

Former Community Member

I have this form with a field that should be filled in with text corresponding to a value field, automatically.

So I got this:

form1.#subform[0].extenso::calculate - (FormCalc, client)

textNumber = WordNum(total,0,"pt_BR");

...and nothing happens, the values are being converted into English text, not Portuguese.

Where is the catch?

I also changed the PDF default locale in Designer to Portuguese Brazilian. Still doesn't work.

Please, help!

Marcos

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Looks like it is English only - just noticed a note in the docs that says "as of this release, it is not possible to specify a locale identifier other than English for this function."

The version of the doc I have is for 8.1 so it may still be true depending on which version you're using.

So looks like you may be better off with JavaScript, you can probably find a sample on the web that's already in Portuguese instead of trying to map English->Portuguese.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Looks like it is English only - just noticed a note in the docs that says "as of this release, it is not possible to specify a locale identifier other than English for this function."

The version of the doc I have is for 8.1 so it may still be true depending on which version you're using.

So looks like you may be better off with JavaScript, you can probably find a sample on the web that's already in Portuguese instead of trying to map English->Portuguese.