Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LOAD XML help

Level 4

Hi guys,

Have hit a development wall here. No budget for anything beyond livecycle designer es (no forms or workbench, or MSQL databases i'm afraid) so were trying to work will raw xml to pre-fill forms.

we want to avoid duplication of typing for the clients so need to pre-fill the forms with raw xml from their server folder on entry of their pin.   

I understand that there is a LoadXML function, but dont know if it can do something like this... or if there is any way to do it?

we would want to load all of the xml files from their directory into each newly opened document so that as much as can be is pre-filled for them, and they can reuse data - ie click this box to use xyz person (pre-filled as linebacker) as quarterback.

finally, the imported structure of the xml wont match the order of incidence of fields in the  livecycle forms  

xml files to be used derive from livecycle in first instance. 

any help much appreciated...  

thanks

2 Replies

Former Community Member

why don't you just set default values on fields?

Level 4

how would that work - the data/xml to be loaded is unique to each client - names, addresses etc