Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle won't recognize correct password

Level 1

Hi all,

I recently installed the full version of Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4.  After using the trial version of the software for a while, I purchased and installed the full version.  Now when I try to open a password protected form, it does not open (it just asks for the password again, and after three times it just stops trying).  The password that I am entering is definitely correct, and there are no caps issues.

Please help!

Thanks,

Alex

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi there, it happened to me also but I can only tell you to try your password without capital letters if you have any... I don't know what you mean by no caps issues but it seems like the password entered to protect the PDFs is only lower case

Hope this help!

Level 1

Hi Magus,

There are no capital letters in the password.  There are, however, special characters, specifically "@" and "^".  I read about "@" causing issues in passwords but couldn't find a fix for it anywhere.

Level 7

are you talking about a password protected PDF file? if so have you tried opening the file in Acrobat using the password?

Level 1

No, there is a password required to open the file in LiveCycle Designer so that I can edit the form (I am the only one who does this), and then it is saved as a read-extended pdf so that others can interact with and fill out the dynamic fields of the form.  I can open the pdf in Acrobat just fine, with no issues.  The problem is, I need to update the form and add to it, which requires LiveCycle and consequently that password (which I know, it just isn't recognizing the password as correct).  Even when I go through the security detail in Acrobat, it does not recognize the password.

Level 7

so just to be clear this is a password that allows for editing only. Anyone can open the file in Acrobat or Reader without a password. If that is the case then I am guessing that your password is somehow or you are not recalling it properly. The only other option I can think of would be if the demo version of the software was different then the actual version i.e. LiveCycle Designer 4 vs LiveCycle Designer 4

Level 10

you can also try without the special characters, insert the character shown on the key of the keyboard instead.. (without shift)

Level 1

Hi guys,

I ended up solving the problem through a combination of re-installing the program and entering the the password without special characters.  The program crashed and then the original password with special characters worked when I re-opened.  Very strange.  Never seen anything like it.