Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle vs Adobe Experience Manager

Level 1

Hello,

Not sure if I am placing this in the correct forum so my apologies if it is out of place. I am trying to convert all our MS Word restricted field based fillable forms to fillable pdfs. Some are capturing traceability data while others are specifications that involve having a user adding an image which Acrobat DC Pro no longer seems to permit. We are not currently using mobile devices for our forms but it is something that is definitely in the budget for 2017 with the introduction of tablets for record keeping on the floor.

After some digging I have learned I need to expand my Adobe Acrobat DC Pro to allow better end-user input. I have found information on LiveCycle ES4 but also found information on Adobe Experience Manager. Please forgive my newbiness but...what is the difference between them? While they are obviously different they seem to essentially do the same thing.

The overall goal is to make my document management processes smarter not harder. Its is currently very laborious with restricting fields in MS Word. So with that being said which is more user friendly LiveCycle or Adobe Experience Manager. Which will give me the biggest return on investment?

Thanks for your time!

4 Replies

Level 4

[Question moved to the more relevant LiveCycle Designer forum]

Level 1

Thanks for the re-direct

Anyone have any input? I have quite a task to undertake and would like to move in the right direction.

Thanks!

Level 1

Well looks like this is a dead request for direction issue. I greatly appreciate all the helpful insight.

Enjoy your day!

Level 4

I believe AEM is just the name for LCD.