Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle - Signature field in Text box

Level 2

I am working in LiveCycle Designer ES4, and have a document which contains a full page text box. With in the text box is a Text Field that is expandable to multiple lines, so it may push the text down.  At the bottom of the page, I have a signature block, but I can't get the box to move with the text if it shifts.  Need to figure out how to make the signature box move with the text in the text block.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

8 Replies

Level 7

Are you Flowing the form? It you have a field and signature box underneath, when the form is flowing it should push down whatever is underneath when the textbox expands.

Level 2

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I am pretty sure i am using a flowing form (Where do i check to confirm).  I have a Large Text box, and i need to put a digital signature box.  I can get the box inside the text box, but if data is input that pushes the existing text down, the signature box does not move down with it.  Not sure how to link or if I need to pull this section outside the text box.

Level 7

Click the Page in the Hierarchy and then in the Object properties you can check the content type

1436299_pastedImage_0.png

Be Warned: If you have a positioned form, changing to Flowed will mess your layout up!

When it is set to Flowed all items will appear in order, you cannot put items side by side. UNLESS you use a table. i build all my flowed forms into multiple tables so i can position it how i like...to a degree. This also helps if making things hidden and visible, I can do a row or table at once.

• Set your page to flowed.
  • Change the textField properties to Multi Line and the Height to Expand To Fit

When the textfield expands, all items underneath will push down

Unexpanded

1436320_pastedImage_9.png

Expanded​

1436319_pastedImage_8.png

Level 2

Thanks.  This makes sense, and I can replicate. Problem is that both the Text field and the signature field are INSIDE a Text box with static data.  The text field is at the top and the signature is at the bottom of the text box.

Level 7

Hi Tony,

Still not sure how a signature field can be inside a text box. Can you post a screenshot? Thanks

Level 4

What you got is a floating text field within a text box. This floating text field has been changed to a signature field later on in the object tablet.

This way the signature box will float with the text in the box. (Assuming you set the text box to be expandable.)

Be aware: text boxes are for static text (although it might be possible to change the text dynamically later on).

If you plan to change the text in the text box at runtime, then you should switch to text-fields.

If you plan to insert a password dynamically in the signature field: that won't work.

I cannot think of any reason why someone would have a signature field within a text box.

Level 2

Ulibaehr,

Thanks for the info.  My original goal was to be able to have the signature block stay a static distance from the last line of text.  The text within the text box sits below a Text Field that will expand and push down the content of the static text within the box.  didn't try the text field and convert to signature later.  I ultimately moved the signature block out side the text field and just expanded the text field to the max possible based on inputs to the text field.  Do appreciate the input.  I will give it a try and see if it works.

Level 4

When you set your text field to expand, you will likely need to set the parent object, the page, to flow as well in case you text field is permitted to expand to another page. If you just put a signature field under the text box, then set the parent object to flow, you signature field will appear immediately below the expandable text field.

To keep a set distance between your expandable text field and a signature field, just insert a Rectangle below the expandable text field. If you want 1 inch separation, set the rectangle object's height to 1 inch. Then remove the border. Place the signature field below the rectangle and you will maintain a constant 1 inch separation between your expandable text field (regardless of how much the field is expanded) and your signature field.