Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle Reader Extensions instructions

Level 2

Can someone please detail the steps the use the LiveCycle Reader Extensions.  I can find nothing in the help file and in reading the forums this appears to be what I need as this form will be distributed to over 500 users.

Thanks

6 Replies

Level 10

1- You install LiveCycle.

2 - You invoke the ReaderExtension service to add rights to your forms using one of the invocation method available (Java API, Web service, Workbench process, email, watchfolder, Flex remoting, etc).

Jasmin

Level 2

Thanks Jasmine,

I have LiveCycle installed and the form is completed.  To apply the reader extensions to a form sent via email is that done in the XML code or through Workbench which I have worked with?

Level 10

I forgot to mention that you can also use the web ui to add the rights to the document: http://localhost:8080/ReaderExtensions

If you want to use email, then you need to add an Email endpoint to the service you want to call. You can add it to the ReaderExtension service directly or create a process using Workbench and add the applyRight step to your process. In that case you would create the Email endpoint to your process as oppose to the ReaderExtension service.

I hope this makes sense.

Jasmin

Level 2

The link to the web ui that you provided does not work for me.  I have not done this before and I am not sure how to go about completing this.  Do you have an example that I might look at?

Level 8

Replace the localhost with the name or IP address of your server.  The port may need to be changed as well - 8080 is the default port for JBoss.  Talk to your LC administrator to get the proper information