Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle preview uses PowerPDF instead of Acrobat

Level 1

When I'm working in Adobe LiveCycle and click the preview tab to preview the PDF I'm working on, it launches in PowerPDF instead of Acrobat, which I wouldn't mind if it didn't take significantly longer to preview. I have my default program for PDF files set to Acrobat, so I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I'm on Windows 7 64bit, LiveCycle Designer ES2, Acrobat X and PowerPDF 1.0.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

try to register Acrobat as default PDF viewer again.

Close Designer, open Acrobat.

Goto Edit > Preferences > General and click on Select Default PDF Handler.

Select Acrobat and conform with Apply.

DefaultPDFHandler.png

Level 1

Didn't work, PowerPDF still opening when preview tab is selected.

Level 10

I don't know PowerPDF but you should ensure that your browser will use the Adobe Reader Plugin for viewing PDF's online because Designer's preview is using such Plugin.

Level 7

Make sure PDFs opened in Internet Explorer open with Acrobat, as IE's settings determine the viewer in Designer.

Level 6

@ radzmar

Thanks, that helped. My situation was that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was being used by Designer via the Preview tab instead of Adobe Acrobat XI. I understand this was because the system saw Adobe Reader DC as a higher version over Acrobat XI, but I didn't know how to switch it back to Acrobat.