Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

livecycle not publishing pdf with global/non global error

Level 3

Hi there,

I'm new to LiveCycle, and I hope someone can help me at least diagnose my problem.

For several days I've have successfully been building a standard form, including many text entry boxes which are repeated throughout the document - as an example, I have a box for the person's name, which is then repeated thbroughout the document as a neader name on a master page.

I have set each and every field to global, so that I can utilise this.

The latest thing I did was attempt to build a table that has a button on one row allowing the user to add another row to the table. I tired to publish this (create a dymamic pdf), but I got the following error when opening the pdf:

1. Dialogue box with: can't be defined as global field and a non-global field - okay button

2. Dialogue box again with: can't be defined as global field and a non-global field - okay button

followed by the page in acrobat reader with:

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF

viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by

visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader

so, thinking it was something I'd done wrong specifically with the previous table I removed it... only to find that the problem still persists.

Can anyone at least start me off here as the previous version is a long way down the chain

Thanks,

Sunil

1 Reply

Level 3

In the end I gave up and manually added each section of my form bit by bit from a back -up. I found the offending table - however, even when deleting it from the file that didn't work it would still bring up the aforementioned error.

Anyway, it's back working again.