Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LiveCycle installation on IBM Z Linux

Former Community Member

Hi All

I'm currently involved at a client who wants to install LiveCycle on an IBM mainframe running Z/OS (Not AIX). From what I gather, Z/OS has a built-in Linux component called IFL (Integrated facility for Linux), which is apparently based on SUSE, but I'm not an expert in that area.

Has anyone done something similar to this before? If yes, were the results positive?

Cheers

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Won't work.

LiveCycle has some non-Java C++ components.  By their very nature, these have to be compiled for the mainframe CPU architecture.  They are not.  LiveCycle is supported on SUSE Linux, but only on the Intel/AMD x86 and x64 CPU architecture.  LiveCycle on SUSE Linux on IBM's POWER architecture running AIX 5.3L (L stands for Linux support), won't work either, due to the same reason.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Won't work.

LiveCycle has some non-Java C++ components.  By their very nature, these have to be compiled for the mainframe CPU architecture.  They are not.  LiveCycle is supported on SUSE Linux, but only on the Intel/AMD x86 and x64 CPU architecture.  LiveCycle on SUSE Linux on IBM's POWER architecture running AIX 5.3L (L stands for Linux support), won't work either, due to the same reason.

Former Community Member

Thanks for the help. I'll remember it on my next proposal

Level 1

Hi,

Do we have the list of components that cause this problem. I am looking at a proposal where I want to use only a small subset of the features i.e. Remoting Service with Java Adapters.

Thanks & Regards

Level 7

You won't get technical support from Adobe if you do this.

However, to answer your question - Forms ES, Output ES and possibly PDF Generator ES are out of the question.  This is because Forms and Output use XMLForm which is a C++ component.

Level 1

Thanks for the answer - so it looks like the basics i.e. Remoting on AMF using Java Adapters should not be a problem?