Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle form with DDLs and calculations on a Tablet/iPad

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have been working on this for months now and am close to getting it to work, but I can not make it work on a Tablet or iPad.

My client uses a Tablet and I have an iPad, but realistically I want it to work on both.

The field works on screen for Acrobat and Reader, but on the Tablet the calculations on page 2 do not show up and the Date/DDLs dont work.

Can someone please help!!!

A copy of the file can be found here:

Order Process Form

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I could not find a specific one about the calculation problem.

6 Replies

Level 6

What PDF viewer(s) do you need it to work with? Adobe Reader for iOS (not sure about Android) does not support XFA forms and have limited support for Acroforms.

Former Community Member

I have redesigned it as a non-Livecycle PDF and have it working on an iPad. My client is using Adobe Reader on a Tablet. I did just read that Adobe has done an update on Reader for Tablets so I am going back to my client to ensure he has the correct one.

Right now the form calculations dont work on the tablet.

Ian

Level 6

Is it an Android tablet? What version of the OS, exactly?

For the new form calculations, are you using custom calculations JavaScript, or one of the built-in options?

Level 4

Calculations didn't show up in the Adobe Reader for Tablet versions of iOS and Android until the 11/18/2012 update to both apps (see link below). It sounds like some outdated apps if you ask me. Ever since the update I have gotten both custom calculations, JavaScript and FormCalc to work in tablet versions of the apps.

http://blogs.adobe.com/readermobile/2012/10/15/updated-reader-for-ios-and-android/

Level 6

Josh,

Are you really getting XFA forms and FormCalc to work on iOS with the latest Reader update? In the Comments section of the page you linked to, Dennis Griffin of Adobe says XFA forms are not supported in the mobile versions of Reader. Support for calculations on Android was indeed recently introduced, but some support for calculations on iOS was introduced earlier this year.

Level 4

George, thank you for calling me on my BS. I went and checked my tablet optimized PDFs that some of my bosses use and you are 100% correct: they are not XFA, but standard AcroForms. I apologize for my mistake. My calculations were done in Acrobat Pro X using the standard form builder and not in Livecycle, but they do work in the new version of Adobe Reader for both iOS, Android and I am hoping in the near feature WP7/ Windows RT.

Thanks again George for keeping me honest! That is why you are the MVP!