Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LiveCycle Form -- submit doesn't work when copied into new application folder

Level 4

I essentially copied my code from application folder app1 to application folder app2; nothing else really changed.  I even did a global search adn replace for "app1\" to "app2\"; however, now the submit process which used to work in folder app1 no longer works.  Does anyone please have any pointers as to what might be wrong?  I am not allowed to post these forms.  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

That's a good idea.  In my case, I was able to solve the problem simply by doing a regular expression replace:

"\bapp1\b" with "app2"; of course this is high risk as "app1" was all over the place in my particular project.  Also, the asset "xml" file needs to be renamed in app2 when copied to the adobe/config file to avoid a name collison (if one wants seperate app1 and app2 to work).  For me, this all worked; however, I could easily envision a project where all that renaming would cause problems, hopefully ones that would be readily traceable.  But thanks for the reply, it's always appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 8

Have you tried using record/playback to try and debug or looked in the server log to determine if an error is occuring?

Correct answer by
Level 4

That's a good idea.  In my case, I was able to solve the problem simply by doing a regular expression replace:

"\bapp1\b" with "app2"; of course this is high risk as "app1" was all over the place in my particular project.  Also, the asset "xml" file needs to be renamed in app2 when copied to the adobe/config file to avoid a name collison (if one wants seperate app1 and app2 to work).  For me, this all worked; however, I could easily envision a project where all that renaming would cause problems, hopefully ones that would be readily traceable.  But thanks for the reply, it's always appreciated.