Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Livecycle form data in Excel -- custom column headings

Level 4

When I merge files into a spreadsheet in Acrobat from XML files sent by a Livecycle form, the column headings look like this:

form1[0].FileNumTxtfield[0]

Is there a way in Livecycle to replace these with more use-friendly titles? In this case, a good heading would be "File Number." Looking at the XML, I can see that the headings come from field names in the Hierarchy. I could probably create more meaningful names there, but I doubt that I could use spaces to separate words in a heading. Is there any other way to go?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Could you explain the workflow please? Your explanation confuses me. Your statement indicates you are populating a table in a PDF using Acrobat with data that comes from LiveCycle. Where does Excel come into it?

Steve

Level 4

Steve, I created a form in Livecycle>Preview PDF>Click Submit>Email sent out with XML attachment>Open Acrobat and merge file into spreadsheet>Column headings are the field names from the Hierarchy in Livecycle.

Is there a way to replace the awkward field names with column headings that are plain English?