Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES4 - XFA forms, expandable tables and columnar layout

Former Community Member

Hi,

We are using LiveCycle ES4 and XFA forms to bind XML to the PDF. I am having trouble with a particular layout however:

• I have two tables.
  • The number of rows expand depending on the XML data.
  • I want to print the tables side-by-side in a newspaper like columnar format.

If I add them using a flowed sub form and make the sub form just high enough they display side by side, which is how I want it. It all works well as long as there is no page break. However, when the left table expands onto a new page the start of right table is moved to next page as well, leaving a big empty space on the right on the previous page.

If I change the contents of the sub form to positioned instead of flowed then the tables seem to behave correctly, but then the header row does not repeat after each page break, and the check boxes to enable "Include header row in subsequent pages" on the header row is disabled. This only becomes available if I make the sub form flowed instead of positioned.

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Why can't I enable "Include header row in subsequent pages" on positioned tables? Can someone suggest an alternative method perhaps? Note that there are other non-columnar sub forms as well so I cannot use columnar master page content areas, unless I understand master pages wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jako

0 Replies