Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

LiveCycle ES4 Expandable field running off bottom of page.

Level 3

Hi,

I'm new to LiveCycle and have created a form containing multiple subforms and expandable field (with some repeatable subforms using buttons). I've been looking through the forum, but can't figure out how to, or even if I can, do what I want. Basically what I'm trying to do is have an expandable field layed out beside some other smaller fields (drop-downs, dates, etc.), and keep all the fields together, but still have the entire section flow and repeat.

Right now the expandable field and it's neighbours are wrapped in a positioned subform (to keep them layed out properly), and then wrapped in a flowing subform (so the whole section can move down the page/to the next page/add an instance). This keeps everything together, but the expandable field runs off the bottom of the page, instead of forcing the whole subform to the next page. I've tried putting the expandable field in a flowing subform by itself (within the other 2 subforms), allowing page breaks within content, and all combinations of these settings that I can think of.

Is it possible to keep the layout I want with an expandable field that also moves the section to a new page if it gets too long?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I would attach my form, but don't know how...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It sounds like you have an object in your structure that doesn't have the "Allow page break within content" set.  This would cause the fields to run of the bottom.

Also it might be easier to use a table to control your layout, so that your expandable field and the smaller fields are in the same row.  This will ensure they are aligned correctly.

It would help to look at your form, you could add it to Google Docs, DropBox or the like, share the form and post a link to it in this thread.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It sounds like you have an object in your structure that doesn't have the "Allow page break within content" set.  This would cause the fields to run of the bottom.

Also it might be easier to use a table to control your layout, so that your expandable field and the smaller fields are in the same row.  This will ensure they are aligned correctly.

It would help to look at your form, you could add it to Google Docs, DropBox or the like, share the form and post a link to it in this thread.

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

Hi Bruce,

I tried setting everything to allow page breaks, but it didn't make a difference. Is it because one of the subform levels is positioned?

I attached the file below; the section I'm working on is HazardControl, but I will have to do the same thing for the JobTask section above it. If you could have a look I'd appreciate it!

In the meantime, I'll try putting everything in a table.

Thanks!

Dropbox - FRM-001-E2-Job Hazard Assessment.pdf

Level 3

So I put everything in tables to maintain the layout, and all the fields work properly now. Yay!!

I had to put ins some blank text objects to make it work, since the buttons automatically get resized to fill the entire cell of the table, but otherwise it was pretty straightforward.

Thank-you SO much Bruce!!