Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Livecycle es4: a textfield does not expand beyond the second page

Former Community Member

I am using livecycle designer es4 (trial, before i was using livecycle es 8.1, wich came with adobe pro 9)

I have figured out how to expand a textfield, however if people who use it want to type alot of text beyond the page the whole textfield is placed on the other page.

Sometimes it even creates 2 empty pages before the textfield.

It would be nice if it dynamically continued on the next page without skipping a whole page or 2 pages at once.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Have you wrapped the text box in a subform? if yes, then you need to have the option "allow page break within content" checked for the subform too?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There is an "allow page break within content" checkbox on the Field tab of the Object palette, sounds like this needs to be set and the similar checkbox on all the parent subforms.

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hey,

I did, in fact it is checked automatically. The textfield stops before the next page, almost like it slides beneath the next page. when i click on it, it expands.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Have you wrapped the text box in a subform? if yes, then you need to have the option "allow page break within content" checked for the subform too?

Former Community Member

Thanks,

I have figured it out. i made the subform on the page(wich is called untitled_subform...something like that) flowed, not the page itself. now it works