Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES2 installation stops halfway through the process

Former Community Member

Hi there!

I've installed LC ES2 before on my machine and normally without any problems.

Now I had to uninstall and install it again. So that I could do it from start, using turnkey, I even removed some items from Windows registry. This has worked before, more than once.

Now this is not working anymore. It always stops at the same place, roughly at 60% of the installation process. I wonder why. Some problem with Java?

Please, has anyone had this kind of problem before?

Thank you a lot for any hints!

Marcos

3 Replies

Level 5

Did ES2.5 recently and didnt have any issues but only installed a few of the components, not the whole suite. Did it stall on the actual file installation or just the configuration/deployment stage? What is the log file saying?

Level 2

I would suggest few things :

1. First, stop the running ES2 applications in server  and run the uninstaller that comes with ES2.

2. Second, remove all temporary directories that are created as part of previous install. This is IMPO. Some of the directories like  livecycle_temp

cache data from previous install and corrupt even the new install later.

3. Look at logs more closely and troubleshoot errors there

Employee

I am not sure why you would have to delete reg entries from windows, but i have a couple of questions:

Was this failure duing the install process, i.e. at any point during the install? If not, was it during the LCM process?

If it was during the LCM process, at what point did it halt: was it during DB initialization, or component deployment? (I figure the EARs configured ok, since you mentioned at about "60%".

If you could share the server.log exception and the LCM log exception, that would help.

Thanks,