Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

LiveCycle ES2.5 Evaluation Virtual Appliance trial

Level 2

Hello guys,

I've just downloaded LiveCycle ES2.5 Evaluation Virtual Appliance trial and after a lot of struggling I manage to open Admin UI (http://yourIP:8080/adminui). I think that you should definitely add to the readme.pdf file:

• In VMware network settings check the "replicate physical network connection state" if you can't login into Admin UI.
  • You also don't give user name\password.. so I had to search for it.. here it is: login: "atanaka" password: "password" (that's administrator and workbench account)
  • Add the correct link to Admin UI

OK so I got it up and running (slowly but..) and I want to add Reader Extensions now using this help - I should navigate to Settings > Trust Store Management > Local Credentials however the problem is my Settings panel is empty -> there is absolutely no option to choose from. What I'm doing wrong? Also it says that my license expired 2 months ago.

I would really appreciate any help here.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In case you have similar problem, here's solution:

Login with: 'administrator' \\ 'password'

and it works. I even managed to add Reader Extensions and it seems to work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

In case you have similar problem, here's solution:

Login with: 'administrator' \\ 'password'

and it works. I even managed to add Reader Extensions and it seems to work.

Level 1

Hi advboss, thanks so much for this, I was struggling to work it out.

How do you get workbench to log into the virtual appliance though? I have looked everywhere and I can't get it to work!

Any help would be most appreciated, this is so frustrating!

Thanks!

Level 2

Hey ljb1210,

I'm not quite sure if I follow.. you should be able to login using Admin UI (http://yourIP:8080/adminui) with the login and password I've written above or the workbench user (atanaka\\password)

What exactly are you trying to do?

Level 1

Thanks for your response. I got sick of it not working, I could log into AdminUI without a problem, it was getting it to work with LiveCycle Workbench that I couldn't figure out. So I've uninstalled it all. One question you might be able to help me with though - if a document has the Usage Rights extended on the server, will that same form still work with the usage rights extended on any computer where Reader is being used?

Also, does anyone have any idea whether the Adobe Enterprise Developer Program is available in Australia??

Thanks again!

Level 2

Hey,

Hmm it seems that I didn't use Livecycle Workbench at all, sorry.

Extended Usage Rights are in the .pdf itself (server is just for adding those Rights) so yes, it will work anywhere for the time of license - for trial Creditionals file it's 2 years, after that all extended rights won't work.

Not sure about Australia but that Program is supposed to work worldwide, and it's kind of interesting because for fixed yearly price you should be able to use all Livecycle software (inluding Server). But it's something to confirm with Adobe to be sure.