Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Designer Form - XML data not showing up for radio buttons

Level 1

I have radio buttons in my LiveCycle Designer form.  When I import XML data, nothing shows up for my radio button selections.

8 Replies

Level 1

I have this same issue in LiveCycle Designer ES4. Has anyone found a solution?

Level 10

Does you radio button group have a data binding?

Level 1

No, the radio button basically sets parameters on a drop-down list and sets the number of instances and visibility of subforms:

if (this.rawValue==1) {

topmostSubform.appendix.appendix_header.numberofDistricts.rawValue=1;

topmostSubform.appendix.appendix_header.presence = "visible";

topmostSubform.appendix.district.presence = "visible";

xfa.resolveNode("topmostSubform.appendix.district").instanceManager.setInstances(2);

xfa.form.recalculate(true);

}

Level 10

I'm guessing the script above is executed during the change or exit event of your radio button group, right?! If you import data the value of the radio button(s) is eventually updated but event with the script won't be executed. So you'll have to run your script also from an event that fires after an import. This might be the docReady event.

Level 1

I'm firing this script using a click event. I tried also adding the code to the docReady event as you suggested with no success. I then tried adding it to the formReady event which also did not work.

Level 10

Can you share your form, so we can take a look on it?

Level 1

Okay, attached is the section experiencing the issue after loading images then exporting the XML and re-importing where the bottom layer of images are hidden.

Thanks,

Dave

Level 1

Okay, the solution is to replicate the code using a layout ready event instead of docready or formready events. Thanks for your help with this radzmar!!!