Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Designer cannot start

Level 1

I have recently migrated to Windows 7. I get this error when trying to automatically add forms from Acrobat 8:

Acrobat cannot start Adobe LiveCycle Designer. You may need to repair or reinstall the application using the original installation program.

Anyone have a solution?

10 Replies

Former Community Member

I use Win 7 and do not see this issue. Can you open the Designer on its own then open the doc and see if it will open? It sounds like you might have an association problem.

Paul

Level 1

When I open LiveCycle by iteslf, it loads up on the screen and then grays out. Behind the welcome spalsh screen there is a pop up box that says:

"Adobe Live Cycle Designer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available."

I am currently using it in Virtual PC XP mode, but Adobe thinks it is a seperate computer and is prompting me to activate it to use it past 30 days. That would use up one of my licenses, so that is not a viable solution.

I have LiveCycle8 that comes with Adobe CS3 Web Premium. My computer OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Former Community Member

If the product is not ativated then it will not launch correctly. If it will not launch on its own then there is no way Acrobat can do it.

Paul

Level 1

Maybe I am not using the correct terminology. It works perfectly in Virtual PC XP mode where it is working under the 30 day trial and not activated.

It is activated on my Windows 7 and that is where it does not work.

Follow?

Former Community Member

So lets try this again ...can you launch Designer outside of Acrobat on the Win7 machine?

Paul

Level 1

On my Windows 7 64 bit with activated copy of Adobe CS3

When I open LiveCycle by iteslf, it loads up on the screen and then grays out. Behind the welcome spalsh screen there is a pop up box that says:

"Adobe Live Cycle Designer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available."

Former Community Member

Did you upgrade to Windows 7 or do a fresh install of Win 7? Something has happened to your install ..I do not know what. Can you re-install the Designer?

Paul

Level 1

My Windows 7 pro 64 bit install was a new install on a new computer with a new hardrive.

System Manufacturer/Model Number Intel - DP55WG 
OS Windows 7 64 bit Professional 
CPU Intel I7 - 860 Socket 1156 2.8ghz-3.4ghz(Turbo) 
Motherboard Intel - DP55WG ATX 
Memory 8GB PC3 12800 1600mhz (XMP) GSkill Ripjaw 
Graphics Card Nvdia 9400GT x 2 
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 digital HD 
Monitor(s) Displays 3x19" 
Screen Resolution 1280 x 1024 

Keyboard Wired MS

Mouse Logitech MX Laser

PSU 450W Green Efficiency Certified Corsair

Case Ultra Blaster X

Cooling Standard

Hard Drives Sata II 3gb-sec x 2 Western Digital

Is there anyway to just reinstall that one program? or do I have to uninstall the whole CS3 Web Premium?

Level 1

Well, I tried to uninstall Acrobat but it did not uninstall. Now, when I open the installer program, Acrobat is grayed out with a message that says "already installed" and the box for Acrobat cannot be checked.

The program is also not listed in the control panel add or remove programs - programs list.

Ever seen this before?

Former Community Member

I have not seen that before. You mentioned earlier that you were using Acrobat 8 ....I wonder if it has something to do with the 64 bit OS? I am running win7 64 bit and I am using Acro9 (it loaded an additional module for 64 bit support). One other wild guess ....do you have the User Account Control (UAC) on?

If these suggestions do not solve then I have no idea. You may have to open an incident with Technical support.

Paul