Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Need multiple signatures on one form

Level 1

Hi

I am very new to LiveCycle Designer, and do not have ES, and probably cannot get it. I have created a form that needs to accept multiple signatures from 6 or more people.  The form was initiated from a Word-generated PDF.

I created a table that has four columns, one for the person's title, another for the signature, the remaining columns are irrelevant for this discussion. The person associated with the "title" signs in the Signature column in that same row. In the PDF version of the form, Acrobat 9 allows two signatures, but no more. How can I get Acrobat to accept signatures for all 6+ individuals? The two sigs I got were in subsequent rows.  If I can get Acrobat to accept additional sigs, do the sigs need to take place in strict order (1st row, 2nd row, 3rd row...), or can the signers sign in any table row?

Please let me knowif you have additional questions for me that can help you understand how to solve this issue.

Thanks,

AR

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In the properties of Signature Field, goto Signature tab and uncheck "Lock All Fields after Signing" so that others can sign the form.

Order may not have importance in signing the signature..

You need to set this property for each signature field.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

In the properties of Signature Field, goto Signature tab and uncheck "Lock All Fields after Signing" so that others can sign the form.

Order may not have importance in signing the signature..

You need to set this property for each signature field.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Thank you Srini,

This is what I did, for anyone else with the same issue:

Tocreate signature fields in LiveCycle Designer:

Highlight the field. In the Object pallet Type field, select: Document Signature Field.

On the Document Signature tab, make sure that Lock Fields After Signing is not checked.

These fields are a quick way for users to add a digital signature in Adobe Reader.

This seems to work well. I appreciate the help.

Just to bring it full circle, how do you delete a document signature field? Haven't found it in the Help.

Thanks much!

AR

Level 1

As it turns out, once I sent the document out to the users and they tried to sign in Acrobat reader 9, only one person could sign in one signature field. I double checked to make sure that "Lock Fields After Signing" was unchecked in every signature field. They had all been unchecked.

So, my question is, how do I get multiple signatures to work in Acrobat Reader, in addition to unchecking the LFAS box for each field?

Thanks!