Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Designer 8.0 > Reader Extensions?

Level 1

I converted our employment application to an form-fill PDF using my Web Premium CS3 LiveCycle 8.0.  After I was finished, I saved it and reopened it using Adobe Acrobat, then enabled usage rights so that the form could be edited and saved locally for an applicant, then saved it and uploaded it to our web server for applicants during the job application process.

I'm hearing that some are not able to save there edits.  Is this a license issue with Reader Extensions or?  I don't understand it enough to know if I need something more.

Goal:

Let applicants download/open the PDF, edit the fields offered, save it to their PC locally, and then attach the edited PDF for uploading back to our web server.

Thanks for reading.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You have done the right things to allow this. Are you sure you gave thenm the Reader Extended version? Find out what version of Reader they are running if it still does not work.

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul,

When you say "Are you sure you gave them the Reader Extended Version?", do you mean did I upload the enabled pdf to the web server and not a different version (not enabled)?  I did and tested it on the remote server using terminal services and it worked.  Otherwise I don't know what you mean by Reader Extended Version

One of the applicants that said it wouldn't save confirmed they have Adobe Reader 9.0

I went ahead and attached it to this post.

Thanks.

Former Community Member

Yes that is what I mean. Like I said you have done all of the right steps. Once the file is no longer queued by the system I will give it a try.

Paul