Expand my Community achievements bar.

livecycle crashing

Level 1

Hello Sirs,

the company which i work for, starts with LiveCycle ES at the beginning of 2010.

The system works fine but it crash several time during the day, especially when there are more users logged-in (we are 30 people).

The server mounts Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition (Intel R @ 2.00GHz with 12GB Ram).

Our software Engineer (not the Adobe Engineer) told me that the problem could be the wrong JBoss version.

Actually the the JBoss version is 4.0.3 (32 bit) with a CPU at 64 bit and maybe the right JBoss version should be 4.2.0 (64 bit).

Do you have experience about that? Do you think we have to change the JBoss version?

Thank you in advance

Ciao

Paolo

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Paolo:

Please make sure that you are running the latest LiveCycle release (ES2, or v9.0)

It comes with a Turnkey option for Windows which will install and configure JBoss Commuity Edition (CE) as well as the MySQL DB.  It also comes with pre-configured and zipped JBoss for the different databases ES2 is supported on:

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2010/01/pre-configured_jboss_configura.html

JBoss itself is agnostic between 32-bit and 64-bit.  If you run JBoss under a 64-bit JDK, it will behave 64-bit.  The same behaviour applies to LiveCycle.  There is no separate 64-bit version for LiveCycle ES2.  If you run it under a 64-bit JDK, you can afford LiveCycle more memory.

LiveCycle ES2 needs at least 1.5 GB of memory to run properly, preferably 2 GB.  Just because the server has 12 GB of RAM does not mean that JBoss gets access to it.  That is controlled by settings in JBoss run.bat , especially the following:

-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m

which means the minimum memory JBoss should grab on startup is 2 GB, and the maximum it is allowed to grab is also 2 GB.

Level 1

Hey Jayan,

i can remember we received an e-mail from Adobe regarding the LC up to date to v.9.0.

So, i'm going to check it and talk with the Adobe Engineer about that.

Thank you very much for your support