Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle 8.2 and Windows 7 RC

Level 1

Acrobat 9.0 Pro with LiveCycle 8.2 was installed on my Vista machine.  I upgraded (not a clean install) to Windows 7 RC.

The PDF Preview window now does not show in the workspace in LiveCycle.  I uninstalled 9.0 and reinstalled.  Now the PDF preview is there but when I click on it, it stays blank.

Anyone have a similar experience and how to solve this?

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi

I don´t know if this answer your question, but we have had some trouble with Adobe LiveCycle Workbench and Windows 7. We solved this with installing VM-ware with Windows XP and we run the workbench there. It does not seem that Adobe LiveCycle is yet updated for Windows 7.

Level 1

I installed Acro 9.0 Pro in the Virtural XP machine that comes with Windows RC 7 and now LiveCycle works fine.

As a test, I also created a new Windows RC 7 VM using VMWare.  I then installed Acro 9.0 and LiveCycle worked fine.

So I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that I UPGRADED a Vista machine, that had Acro 9.0 already installed, to Windows RC 7.  That's the scenario that is not working correctly.  Even if I uninstall Acro 9.0 and reinstall, LiveCycle doesn't work correctly when doing a PDF Preview.

Level 10

Bad idea - I'm running W7 too with no problems. I believe Microsoft even says to do a clean install.

Level 1

Yah, probably was a bad idea, but the installer allowed an upgrade and I was too lazy to reinstall all my apps and settings.  I have encountered issues with other programs (QuickBooks, in particular) and printer drivers.  I've been able to solve the QuickBooks issues with repairs or reinstalls.

When the production version is released, then one will be forced to do a clean install.