Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

List Box Not Saving Attachment Entries

Level 2

I am creating a form that allows users to save attachments to it.  I searched the Discussion threads and found code that accomplished this.  Under the click event of an "Add Attachment" button I have the following JavaScript code:

var myDoc = event.target;

var sFile = "myFile";

myDoc.importDataObject({cName: sFile});

var myDataObject = myDoc.getDataObject(sFile);

var sFileName = myDataObject.path;

attachments.attList.addItem(sFileName,sFile);

The code works fine and attaches files to the form perfectly.  Added files are listed in a list box called 'attList' (in a subform called 'attachments'). I have also added working buttons that allow the user to open and remove attachements from the form.  The issue is that, once the file is saved, closed, then re-opened the list box is no longer populated with the filenames of the attached documents.  Is there a way to keep the list populated with the attachment filenames when the file is re-opened?

I have tried a number of ways to do this and the closest I have come to a solution is by having the form scan for attachments when opened and populating the list under the initialize command.  I have been able to populate the list with the name of the last attached file with the following code:

var d=event.target.dataObjects;

for(var i=0;i<d.length;i++)

{

this.addItem(d[i].path);

}

but the "Open Attachment" button will not work, and only the name of the last attached file will appear in the list box.  Any guidance is appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Can you check that in the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab the Preserve Script Changes is set to Automatic.

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Can you check that in the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab the Preserve Script Changes is set to Automatic.

Niall

Level 2

Hey,

It was set to 'Manual'.  I set it to 'Automatic'  and removed the code from Initialize event of the List Box.  Now it is working perfectly.  Thank you very much for your assistance and quick reply.