Expand my Community achievements bar.

Linking dropdown menues

Level 1

Hello All,

I am really new to this software and I have almost no knowledge of javascript. I am just a savvy user. I am currently creating an interactive pdf form and I have a dropdown menu list with 600+ entries. Let's say that I have four consecutive fields on my pdf form (organization; city; country; administrator). Each one of these fields would be a column of an Access Database or an Excel worksheet. All of them are attached to the same index number on the spreadsheet (index number which I paralel by entering it in the value of each object for the dropdown menu list that I created) . How do I create a dropdown menu list that would automatically populate the other three dropdown menues when an "organization" is chosen in the first dropdown menu box? For instance, I have 600 choices in dropdown menu "Organization". I choose "Organization Peach" and I know that "Organization Peach is in OrchageCity, FruitsCountry, and administered by Farmers. How do I get the first dropdown menu to communicate to the other three dropdown menues to automatically populate with the correct information? Is this too crazy a question? I am working with a LiveCycle 8.2.1  that came with my purchase of Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. Thanks for any help or advice that you may provide.

2 Replies

Level 1

Thank you, Srini. Although I have the feeling that what's behind what you sent me is similar to what I'm looking for, I can't figure it out where the data is coming from. When I opened the javascript you sent on LC, under "field", "value" and "binding" of the object (where I can create the dropdown menu list), I canNOT see any entry (where do the options on the menu that you sent come from? like Countries: Cananda and  United Kingdom). I am sorry, this may be very obvious to you but not for me.