Expand my Community achievements bar.

Linking checkboxes with Action Builder

Level 2

Hello everyone!

I am a rookie with this new Action Builder tool...

I have a form that contains many checkboxes.  I would like that when I check a "main" checkbox, it automatically checks other checkboxes.

The condition part of this program is fairly easy : When Checkbox1 is checked...  But I can't find a "result" in the drop down list that could help me realize exactly what I want to do!

Can someone help me with this?  Thank you very much

Dave

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Dave,

In the dropdown you are looking for 'Set the value of a field' Action Builder will recognise the object as a checkbox and automatically present you with checked, unchecked, or neutral.

Parallels Desktop1.png

You would need to go through a set up an action for each individual checkbox.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Thank you very much for your help!

Is there something I need to activate so that it works when I switch to the PDF Overview?

Dave

Level 10

Hi Dave,

I suspect that if you look in the File > Form Properties  > Preview tab, you will have Preview set to 'Print Form'.

Change this to 'Interactive Form' and the script should work in preview.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that works,

Niall

Level 2

Unfortunately it doesn't work, the preview was already set to Interactive Form...

Level 10

Hi,

Not sure what is going wrong. Here is a sample which was developed using Action Builder. https://acrobat.com/#d=TMfkRbAJ6yWhrwxUEp9J0w

Parallels Desktop1.png

You could try this, as it works here in Preview (inside LC Designer).

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

The problem was finally with the names I gave my checkboxes, they contained dots!!

Thanks for your help Niall!

Dave