Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Linking Checkboxes to Fields, Part 2

Level 2

I recently got a great reply for solving my question on how to disengage fields when a checkbox is selected - thank you very much!  As this form I have can have many fields, some mixed field types that can be disengaged under one checkbox.  Do I have to call each of these out when I write the script? How could I do this simply?  This form has many sections like this!

Your help is much appreciated.

0 Replies

Level 4

My solution (it's not simple though):

IF it is REALLY many fields and really many possibilities of choosing then you can make a negative form that will write you the scripts.

(Then you just need to overgive the fieldname to a specific field into a scripted script.)

(Got a form with 190 checkboxes which handle about 2 600 if sentences... [hell didn't get they got that much] changing frequently ^^ you can imagine how long major changes take... ^^ about 1 min each ;D )

Though making a negative and a script that provides you with scripts for your original, it can be quite some work, especially in your case.

You'd at least need 1 larger script (for your scripting field) and one small script (this is standardized) you put into each field you want disabled.

Probably a third and a fourth script if you want to be able to change it in a simple way.

Another (simple) method would be to hide them instead of disabling them. You could wrap them into subforms then and work with these...