Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Link Directly to a form in Workspace?

Former Community Member

How can I provide users with a link directly to a form in Workspace without them having to go through Start Process, etc?

Thanks in advance,

John    

9 Replies

Former Community Member

I actually just found something and tried it but it doesn't work in IE7 and IE8.  I tried in IE6 and it appeared without any problems.

With IE7 and 8 it logs in fine and looks like it's rendering the form but then I get a blank gray screen where the form should be.  It's very odd.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

John         

Former Community Member

I am using (based on my current production configuration) https://site.domain.com/workspace/?startEndpoint=New%20Vendor.New%20Vendor

It works just like it should in IE6 but in IE7 and 8 all I get is a blank grey screen where the form should be.  When I click on another category on the left it asks me if I want to leave the form but then still doesn't go to another category or form.

I am running 8.2 with SP2 and a jboss app server and sql server 2005 db.  All are on Windows Server 2003 boxes.

My local copy of Acrobat is 9.2 Pro Extended.  The version on the laptop with IE6 was Reader 9.2.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Level 2

We are using the same persistent url as well

http://[serveraddress]:[serverport]/workspace?startEndpoint=[process_name].[endpointname].

But we are finding that sometimes it does not work. It will open Workspace and go to Favorites instead.

Level 5

Look for the "Compatibility" button in IE8 up at the top by the URL.

It looks like a page split in two.

Click that when in Workspace and see if your form appears.

Good Luck.

Mark

Level 2

We are using IE 7 still, so I don't see the split window icon you are referring to.

Julie

Level 5

It only exists in IE 8.

If you get the grey screen, in IE 8, then the button can help.

Mark

Former Community Member

Julie,

Have you had any luck with this?  I have been able to get it to work a couple of times in IE8 but it is sporadic.

Thanks,

John

Level 2

It's only working sporadically for us in IE 7.  We definitely need to find something more reliable for our clients.

-- Julie