Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Licensing concerns for end users of Interactive PDFs

Level 3

The following is hypothetical...

My Company has bought and has licensed some Adobe Creative Suite software in order to use LiveCycle Designer to produce Interactive PDFs for use by any type of Customer - internal to the Company or external to the Company.

Once an Interactive PDF has been produced and then distributed out to the Customer, does the Customer need to have a license in place to use the PDF? Does the Company have to ensure the Customer has a License in place? Is the Company going against any particular License?

Sorry to be vague but I guess the bottom line is what and who needs to be Licensed in order to use and/or distribute Adobe Interactive PDFs?

Thanks,

1 Reply

Level 4

If the forms are just going to be distributed, filled in by Reader and the results submitted as a web form would be, there are no limitations... that's part of the value of PDF and the Adobe Reader.

But if you take the form and reader-extend it with Acrobat Pro to allow local save of the filled-in form, there are licensing limitations. I recently covered this in another post, so I suggest looking there. If there are more questions, just post them to this thread.