Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

leading zeroes in a Numeric Field, Don't want.

Level 2

I have a Numeric Field set up to hold 9 numbers for a zip code using  Display Pattern 999999999.

When I only put in 5 numbers I get leading zeroes.

I only want to display the numbers I put in.

Sometimes I will have zip code of 9 numbers and other times only 5.

What am i missing?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you use TextField instead of Numaric you have option for ZIP to select in patterns....

Of couse if you want to stick to your Numaric field I would say use num{99999zzzz}...key: You would use 9 when you would expect to see 0-9 no matter what you passed...you would use "z" where you expect nothing prints when there is no data available.

Hope that helps...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you use TextField instead of Numaric you have option for ZIP to select in patterns....

Of couse if you want to stick to your Numaric field I would say use num{99999zzzz}...key: You would use 9 when you would expect to see 0-9 no matter what you passed...you would use "z" where you expect nothing prints when there is no data available.

Hope that helps...

Level 2

Thank you, it worked.  I used the TextField and set up the Display Pattern of all z's.

This way I'm able to enter the hyphen and the last 4 digits of the zip and if there is no extra 4 digits then the 5 zip code will appear without zeros.

Thanks again.