Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

leading zeroes in a Numeric Field, Don't want.

Level 2

I have a Numeric Field set up to hold 9 numbers for a zip code using  Display Pattern 999999999.

When I only put in 5 numbers I get leading zeroes.

I only want to display the numbers I put in.

Sometimes I will have zip code of 9 numbers and other times only 5.

What am i missing?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you use TextField instead of Numaric you have option for ZIP to select in patterns....

Of couse if you want to stick to your Numaric field I would say use num{99999zzzz}...key: You would use 9 when you would expect to see 0-9 no matter what you passed...you would use "z" where you expect nothing prints when there is no data available.

Hope that helps...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you use TextField instead of Numaric you have option for ZIP to select in patterns....

Of couse if you want to stick to your Numaric field I would say use num{99999zzzz}...key: You would use 9 when you would expect to see 0-9 no matter what you passed...you would use "z" where you expect nothing prints when there is no data available.

Hope that helps...

Level 2

Thank you, it worked.  I used the TextField and set up the Display Pattern of all z's.

This way I'm able to enter the hyphen and the last 4 digits of the zip and if there is no extra 4 digits then the 5 zip code will appear without zeros.

Thanks again.