Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LDAP and Process Management

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am using OPENDS as my LDAP  server and I have configured a group names Validators inside the new domain and also created a new user named validator1   as a member of this group after saving the changes to LDAP. I  synchronized my changes with livecycle for the Enterprise Domain against  which this LDAP server is configured. Synchronization goes through fine  and I can see the new group and  the user. Then I assigned a Livecycle  Workspace User Role to Validators Group

After this I  created a Process Definition in Livecycle and using Assign Task I  assigned it to Validators group queue, but when I  logged on to Workspace using validator1 user I can't  see the Validators Group Queue under this user, why?

Thanks,

Vik

10 Replies

Former Community Member

As a test if you assign the task to validator1 do you see the work item?

Paul

Level 10

Make sure you have at least on item in the group queue.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Yes when I assign a task to validator1 I can see the Task in his queue in Workspace. But when I assign something Validator Group I can't see that queue in workspace for Validator1.

Level 10

Can you confirm validator1is part of the validator group?

You can use adminui and click on the group to see its members.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Yes, I have assigned few workitems to this Group but when I log on with validator1 user on workspace the Validator Group queue is not visible.

Does this mean that AD membership of user and group is not pulled through by Livecycle or am I missing something?

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

I have not done explicit mapping of users and group on Livecycle side. I have defined validator1 as part of Validator Group on AD.

I have created a new Enterprise Domain which maps to my AD and I just synchronize this domain with AD. On Livecycle side I have just assigned

role of Livecycle Workspace user to validator1.

Regards,

Vik

Level 10

I understand that. But you should still be able to see the group membership from adminui.

Just click on the group name and see if you can see the members.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

No, I can't see any child principles under Validator Group.

Level 3

Then it means that you have not configured your ldap properly.

Can you share the settings that you have provided in adminui while configuring the LDAP?

Former Community Member

I think configuration is correct as I can see Users and Groups coming over in Livecycle. The only thing problem is the missing relationship link.

Here are the setting,

Server Settings

*Server: *Port: *SSL: Yes No *Binding: Anonymous User Name: Password:

Advance Settings

Enable referral (Applicable

User Settings

*Unique Identifier: *Base DN: *Search Filter: Sub Tree One Level Description: *Full Name: *Login ID: Last Name: Given Name: Initials: Business Calendar: Organization: *Primary Email: Secondary Email: Telephone: Postal Address: Locale: Time Zone:

Advance Settings

Enable Virtual List View (VLV) Control (Applicable for SunOne directory server only. Directory Synchronization with VLV enabled needs relevant configuration at directory server to function correctly. Please refer to Admin Guide for further details.)

Sort Field

Group Settings

Group Settings

*Unique Identifier: *Base DN: *Search Filter: Sub Tree One Level Description: *Full Name: *Member DN: Member Unique Identifier: Organization: Primary Email: Secondary Email:

Advance Settings

Enable Virtual List View (VLV) Control (Applicable for SunOne directory server only. Directory Synchronization with VLV enabled needs relevant configuration at directory server to function correctly. Please refer to Admin Guide for further details.)

Sort Field

Regards,
Vikram