Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LCDS Configuration for Model-Driven Application Technology

Level 1

Hello

Can someone show what I am doing wrong that I am unable complete the LiveCycle Data Services ES2configuration with Flash Builder 4 so that I can learn Model-driven Application Development Technology. In fact, I am stuck. I am following Adobe tutorial on the subject at the link below. Please click the link below or copy and paste in the address bar to see the tutorial. I am stuck at step 4: "CONFIGURE RDS ON THE SERVER". I just get the screenshot error message below when I hit the "Test Connection" button to test connection with the server. Help will be highly appreciated.

Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 2.12.53 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 2.13.22 AM.png
2 Replies

Former Community Member

The most common oversight in configuring the RDS server is failing to enable the RDS servlet in web.xml.

Go to the default folder C:\lcds\tomcat\webapps\lcds-samples\WEB-INF and open web.xml in a text editor. By default the RDS servlet is commented out, locate the comment tags <!—begin rds and end rds--> and either remove them or adjust the comment syntax accordingly.

Additionally, you have included authentication in the RDS configuration. Is the role and user 'admin' defined to Tomcat?

Steve