Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCD 8.2 Tab Order Problem

Former Community Member

It sounds like several people have had issues with the Tab Order feature. I am one of them. I have a multipage, dynamic form. I have given all fields a unique name and ordered all fields in the Hierarchy Tab in the order I'd like them to tab. I have set the Tab Order. My form used to work properly but now, for some unknown reason, it does not.

When I am in the first field of the first page and I hit 'tab' the form tabs to the first field of the second page rather than the next field of the first page. I tried to deleting the first field of the second page but the tab just landed on the field following the deleted one. Any suggestions?

7 Replies

Level 10

Did you try checking the actual tab order of the fields in the form by going to Window Menu -> Tab Order..

You can set the tab numbering of each field in the form using the Custom setting. You can drag and drop where ever you need (or) enter the tab number you wanted etc.. (You can find them in the splash screen you get when you goto Tab order Palette).

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Yes, I have set the custom Tab Order

in the order I need it to be.

Level 10

Would it be possible for you to post your form to have a look at it?

Steps to upload the document

1) goto acrobat.com website
2) login with your Adobe login/password.
3) In Actions you will find Upload. Select your form and upload.
4) After uploading, select form name in All Files section and right click and select share.
5) Check the checkbox "Allow anyone with a link to view this document".
6) Copy the URL link and post it in the forum.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

I am getting the access denied while accessing the file.. Can you try the below steps again and post the URL..

4) After uploading, select form name in All Files section and right click and select share.
5) Check the checkbox "Allow anyone with a link to view this document".
6) Copy the URL link and post it in the forum.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

I changed the type property in Value tab to Protected for the Lastname and Current Date fields in Master Page.

That helped..

If you do not need a field to be added in the Tab Order, change it to Protected.

You can access the file at below link.

https://acrobat.com/#d=DQyvevA5TH0*bQFx9KWagQ

Thanks

Srini