Expand my Community achievements bar.

lccs.swc error: Not displaying any rtc collaboration GUI components

Level 1

I'm using flex builder 4.6 for the first time and my intention is to try out a sample video conferencing application. I've succesfully made a connection to the lccs room console but I have not been able to display any components on the default state (There are two states, the login state and the default state). While the login state shows the login field (created using spark components) the default state shows nothing but a blank window (these are supposed to initiate video chat through a webcam and are created using rtc components). No matter what I do nothing is displayed on this window and I have tried running this app on the web, mobile and desktop to no avail. The only error that appears is this (wrt the design view):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.lccs\libs\player10.3\lccs.swc- not respondingSWC file failed to load. Any component dependent on this SWC file will not be displayed in the Design Mode.The SWC may have failed to load because of:*  Incompatible definitions caused by usage of a different SDK version*  Missing referred class definitions

I'm running adobe flash player 11.1 and the latest version of air. I tried installing flash player 10.3 but that didn't help any. I don't understand why all the tutorials online seem to list this as a sample easy flex application meanwhile no one in any forums have encountered this situation. Is lccs.swc currently deprecated or something? Does this have anything to do with a departure from flash or flex development for adobe? None of the online tutorials have been updated to reflect flex builder 4.6 development (the videos on the lccs page are for flex builder 3 or at the most 4). Is there a lccs.swc plugin currently available for 11.1?

Unless I'm doing something wrong, but following the tutorials verbatim does not seem to indicate otherwise..please help!!!

here's my code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:WindowedApplication xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:rtc="http://ns.adobe.com/rtc" currentState="logon" fontSize="18" xmlns:authentication="com.adobe.rtc.authentication.*">

<fx:Script>

[Bindable] private var roomURL:String = "https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/eguaoje/myfirstroom";

protected function connect():void {

auth.userName = userName.text;

currentState = "default";

session.login();

}

</fx:Script>

<s:states>

<s:State name="logon"/>

<s:State name="default"/>

</s:states>

<fx:Declarations>

<authentication:AdobeHSAuthenticator id="auth"/>   

</fx:Declarations>

<s:TextInput id="userName" includeIn="logon" top="200" horizontalCenter="0"/>

<s:Button label="Connect" click="connect()" includeIn="logon" top="250" horizontalCenter="0" height="50" width="150"/>

<rtc:ConnectSessionContainer id="session" roomURL="{roomURL}" authenticator="{auth}" autoLogin="false" width="100%" height="100%" includeIn="default">

<rtc:WebCamera top="10" left="10" bottom="10" right="10"/>

</rtc:ConnectSessionContainer>

</s:WindowedApplication>

3 Replies

Employee

Hi you might be facing the same issue mentioned here http://forums.adobe.com/message/4094805. I am looking into it, and would update you soon.

Thanks

Arun

Employee

I am still looking to fixing this issue, but using SDK 4.5.1 and a flash player above 10.3 might help you build the app using Design mode.

Thanks

Arun

Level 1

I just tried using flex builder sdk 4.5.1 but the problem remains. It seems i'll have to somehow revert to sdk 4.0  or 4.1 (the most consistent one in the examples) to resolve the issue. However using it with flex builder 4.6 seems to bring a lot of errors at runtime. Do you know how I can get 4.0 sdk working with flexbuilder 4.6 or with eclipse? Is design mode broken with 4.0?