Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCCS cost estimation, Stratus approach, video streaming bitrate, P2P streams user limits and rooms.

Level 1

Hello,

I am planning on bringing two-way video streaming capabilities to my customers thanks to the LCCS service.

But,

• I would like to know a relevant LCCS cost estimation methodology (1)
  • What about Stratus? (2)
  • I am willing to understand from a more technical point of view how the LCCS service works. (3)

1/ Regarding cost estimation methodology :

Though I can easily master users total connection time and use the $0.01 per hour pricing as a cost estimation basis, I would like to know how to :

• Specify video streaming bitrate so I can estimate bandwidth-related cost ($0.49 per GB).
  • Understand if push messages ($0.10 per 1000 messages) are applicable to my use case, and if they are, how and in what terms.
  • Obtain custom quotes regarding high usage forecasts

2/ Stratus :

My platform has a public ad-supported version. Is stratus relevant and more suitable for me (vs LCCS) ? EULA does not properly answer my question, though I don't consider this public version to be part of a "commercial project".

3/ From a more technical point of view :

• If my understanding is correct, I should not be able to provide two-way P2P audio+video streaming because of the 3 streams limitation, implying fallback to the default and bandwidth-consuming streaming protocol (vs Real-Time Media Flow protocol). Can somebody please confirm that matter of fact?
  • Is the rooms functionning implying that working with the 3 streams limitation would mean a dynamical room creation for each private two-way P2P video only streaming?

Thank you very much for answering.

Regards.

3 Replies

Level 1

Well, I guess this is not the right place to ask. Though I thought so...

I will try to reach the Adobe guys on the phone in order to get a proper answer.

Thank you.

Level 1

Hi,

Have you got the answer from the Adobe guy. I'm also interested in using the LCCS services but unable to get the pricing info. I called them in their office hours but they always forward my calls back and forth

Employee

Hi.

I don't know why the original question got unanswered, and why you can't get the right information on the phone, but here are some quick answers:

- Regarding Stratus and their EULA, please ask the appropriate forum. While we are all in the same company we (LCCS engineering) can't really answer licensing questions for other products.

- in order to calculate a/v bandwidth cost, the best thing to do is to configure your application for the desired quality/speed and then run a test and check DevPortal for the usage. You have $15 worth of usage per month for your free applications so that should be sufficient to let you experiment with your application and have a better understanding of it's usage.

- for heavy a/v usage push messages will probably be very limited (we exchange a few messages at room startup and user connections and a few messages to start / stop streams. The stream payload only counts as bandwidth)

- if you are planning high usage you can email lccs@adobe.com and ask for "custom" quote.

- p2p is currently limited to 3 peers in each room in order to guarantee good quality but if you know that you have enough bandwdith you can increase that number (check the documentation and/or older posts for the correct parameter). Also with FlashPlayer 10.1 you can use application multicast (again, check the documentation for the correct parameter) that doesn't have such limitation (the "network" of peers automatically negotiate who is talking to whom)

I hope this answer your questions. If you have more technical questions please ask them here, we really try our best to answer all of them (but sometime I guess one falls off the cracks )