Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LCCS audio chat is useless without headset, so anyway to detect if headset is available?

Level 2

Since with 10.2 or below flash player releases, we can't really use the LCCS audio/video chat, is there a way to detect if the user has a headset. I am sure all the geeks out here(all of us) know we need a headset but the normal user does not!! I wanted to show a message or mute the speaker and mic when the user does not have a headset.

I am sure this is a flex/flash player questions, but I wanted to see if anyone out here has found a way to detect headset or a workaround. Is there a way to detect headset? If there is a way then LCCS team should think about adding that check in their API.

4 Replies

Level 2

Yes, we are showing graphically what the mic is doing.

But the mic class does not tell me if the headset is available or not. It can be just the system mic without headset. What am I missing here? How others are dealing with this?

Level 2

Yes, we are showing graphically what the mic is doing using the mic class.

But the mic class does not tell me if the headset is available or not. It can be just the system mic without headset. What am I missing here? How others are dealing with this?