Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

LC XFA Forms & iPads

jcursi777
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been using ES2 LC Designer to create XFA forms.  More users want to use iPads to open these forms.  I understand forms created on  ES2 are not compatible with iPads.  I also understand that ES4 Designer will allow rendering of these forms to HTML5 and allow them to open on iPads, but I am having trouble obtaining information on exactly how to acquire ES4.  Here is my question:

I am a single-point user (not an enterprise).  I would like to purchase ES4 for the sole purpose of rendering my ES2 forms in HTML5 to make them compatible with iPads.  Am I able to purchase this product, or is it only for enterprises?  I see that it involves downloading a server.  Is a normal PC sufficient for this, or do I need access to an elaborate (and expensive) server system?

Thank you.

Julie

2 Replies
TundraSteve
Level 8
Level 8

LiveCycle Designer ES4 does not produce HTML5 forms compatible for an iPAD.  A server product known as LiveCycle Forms Pro is needed to render the template created in Designer to HTML.

jcursi777
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, TundraSteve.

Can a regular end-user (like myself) obtain LiveCycle Forms Pro, or is this strictly an enterprise solution?   If so, how do I find it?  If not, how does my company get it?  My employer is under the impression that the server required is very expensive. 

When I search for "LiveCycle Forms Pro" the only hits I get are for ES4 Enterprise Suite. So how do I find this product?  Thanks again.

Julie