Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LC ES4 install failing with Probable fatal error:No fonts found error

Level 1

My installation is failing with the following error.

java.lang.Error: Probable fatal error:No fonts found.

Any thoughts?

Linux OEL6/RHEL6

5 Replies

Employee

the user who is running the application server should have read write permissions on the location where the fonts are installed and should be able to create symbolic link in case on Linux directory. You must have defined the fonts location in the LC configuration manager. please check that directory.

In addition to above, for the Linux system, additional steps for configuring fonts need to be performed. refer section 3.2.6.18 of http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/PrepareInstallCluster/WS624e3cba99b79e125c45243812eea97f3...

Kindly share the log snippet, in case it does not help.

Level 1

Thanks for the response!

A couple of questions:

1) What location and what fonts? Are you referring to generic system fonts? X11 fonts? Adobe fonts? Is there a default location LC is looking for?

2) How does the LC configuration manager get this info if LC doesn't install first?

Thanks!

Employee

Hi Steve,  I thought, the error happened during configuration manager stage, while deploying ear or installing components.

however, even for LC installation, System fonts are mandatory for the installation. on Linux it will not be available by default, like we have in windows, system font at specified location. So system fonts are required to be setup. steps 2,3,4, of the above link of "system requirements-3.2.6.18" discuss setting up the mandatory packages and system fonts.

Level 1

Thanks! I was able to get the installer to run and complete successfully using '-i console' on the command line.

I'll look at those sections in the document you referenced.

Thanks again!

Level 1

As it turns out, the error message was related to the gui version of the installer. Running it with the console flag resolved the problem:

./install.bin -i console

Later on I went back and installed X11 fonts and the gui was able to run:

yum -y install xorg-x11-fonts-base xorg-x11-fonts-misc xorg-x11-font-utils xorg-x11-fonts-Type1

Thanks!