Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LC designer ES will not load

Level 1

I am running Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, with Acrobat X Suite.

I wanted to create a form from scratch and in a previous incarnation of Acrobat that came with LC, I would just click on the LC program icon and get going. Not sure if the X suite is different but when I click on the LC icon, nothing happens

In Task Manager, I can see FormDesigner.exe *32 running and I can trigger many instances of this with wild abandon. But the program does not launch at all.

There is no option in Acrobat Pro to launch LC (like there used to be).

I also cannot find LC in Programs and Features to try and repair the installation. I have tried repairing Acrobat Pro but with no change to the outcome.

I finally found the exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Designer 9.0 but cannot see anything that looks like an obvious 'fix me' or 'run me'.

I'd really appreciate any pointers. Happy to deactivate and uninstall/reinstall but hoping that there's an update I've missed that will do the trick in half the time!

Thanks for your help.

Louise

1 Reply

Level 10

The Acrobat/Designer bundle in the Acrobat Suite is not different to the one you get with Acrobat Pro.

As you can see the designer.exe in the task manager it was installed as designed.

But, there should only be one instance of this process in the task manager at all.

Maybe the UAC from Win7 blocks the app while lauching and is waiting for your input.

Or something got garbled in you user account at all.

Try to start the app under another user account.

If this brings no other results you should start over with the installation.