Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Last Page is Blank Issue

Level 1

I have designed a form that contains a sub form bound to XML. It repeats for all items in the XML. Since a new page is desired for each item, the pagination was set to After: Go to Next Page. This works fine until the last page, where it generates a blank page. Does any one no how to suppress this blank page?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

As a workaroud, perhaps you could just put a line on doc open to the effect if page is null = this it's presence is hidden?

Former Community Member

There are a number of reasons why a last page woudl appear ...if you send the form and data file to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will have a look and see if I can figure it out. Please include a description of the issue with the email please.

Paul

Level 1

What container would you place that on? The one that has the pagination set to After: Go To Next Page? What is the javascript to test if a page is blank? Whould a header or footer on the master page make the null test invalid?

Level 1

I have figured out the solution using Conditional Breaks. It is very simple acctually. Since the page break is on a break in the data, you set the conditional break to look for a change in the value on that data item. It seems to work better when I set the script to run on the client. I do not know if this the nature of the function or if it is just my quirky vew of the situation.