Expand my Community achievements bar.

Keeping Fields Open While Saving/Printing as a PDF

Level 3

Hello.  What I am trying to do is create a form in LiveCycle ES2 where either one user can fill in their ideas, print as a PDF or save it and lock their fields so nothing else can be added, and then the next person can add their thoughts in another field, etc. but I have not found a way to do so without all fields being printed and no longer visible or be changed. 

Another example of this would be is emailing a price quote to a potential customer and also having a copy of our service order agreement below.  Printing would only lock the price quote, but keep the the service order agreement active below to be filled in.

Any help would be appreciated as I am at a loss and have no idea if this is even possible.

Thank you in advance!

Justin

1 Reply

Level 7

What you will need to do is add code to the form's PreSave and PrePrint events.

If you add this, it will lock the field:

this.resolveNode("textFieldName").access = "readOnly";

Change 'readOnly' for 'open' to unlock the fields (you could add that to a button to unlock the fields if required). You could even add a password to it.

Tip: if you use 'readOnly', the tabs for the fields will still be active. Using 'protected' will skip the fields if tab is pressed when using the form.