Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

JBOSS_FOR_ADOBE_LIVECYCLE_ES2 required ports 8080 still in use

Level 1

While installing LiveCycle, the installation process several times needs to interact with the JBOSS_FOR_ADOBE_LIVECYCLE_ES2 service (stop / verifying ports). I have throughly checked that on my machine (Windows Vista Business Edition with Service Pack 2) there is no service running on 8080. I have checked with netstat -ano and also tried starting my tomcat on 8080 - it starts successfully proving that the 8080 was actually free. I also tried starting JBOSS from services which it successfully starts and I can also check the main page using http://localhost:8080. However, while running the configuration manager, the process does verify the port and it fails saying the port is not available. If I keep the service running while executing the Configuration Manager, it fails to verify that the server has been started successfully. I have also run the the Configuration Manager as Administrator, but it simply fails to verify the port.

Note that I am installing LiveCycle for JBoss

I need to install this product asap so that it can be evaluated for one of my customers so that they can take a decision to buy it. It is a huge product based company which is interested in this product.

Please help

2 Replies

Level 7

Are the JBoss and MySQL services listed as Windows services in the services applet?

If yes, manually start the MySQL service (from the services applet).  Does it successfully start?

If yes, manually start the JBoss service.  Does it successfully start? (you mentioned this is a "yes").

Check the deploy folder of JBoss.  Are the LiveCycle EARs files listed in it?

If yes, tail the server.log of JBoss in /log  for about 5-10 minutes until the log says JBoss has succesfully started.

Check if you can load the login page of the AdminUI at http://server:8080/adminui

If you get to this stage, run LiveCycle Configuration Manager (LCM), uncheck all checkboxes up until "Initialize database" and proceed with the rest of the steps.

Former Community Member

u forgot one thing to put explicitly.

this is for peoples who face such probelms in installing service packs.

kindly do the same as infomed above till running livecycle CM , after running cm , select custom mode , then only u will be able to intilize database and deployment complete.