Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

JBoss configuration failed on verifying ports

Level 1

Dear all,

I am trying to install Adobe LiveCycle ES3 on a server where another Tomcat instance is already running. However, the JBoss service starts successfully. When executing the LiveCycle Configuration manager for lc_turnkey I get the error "Failure on verifying ports. Specifically the message is referring to port 4444 which is in use by the Tomcat instance. I already changed the configuration of bindings-jboss-beans.xml within [JBoss root]\server\lc_turnkey\conf\bindingservice.beans\META-INF by replacing port 4444 with port 9444 (which is not in use) for the Socket for the legacy RMI/JRMP invoker. However, the configuration manager seems not to read the cahnged xml file.

Any hints or advices?

Best regards

Rene

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Rene,

Have you tried -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01 parameter as JBoss startup parameter.

This is a feature of JBoss which adds 100 to each port it uses , JBoss uses 4544 instead of 4444 automatically.

--Santosh

Level 1

Hi Santosh,

thanks for this advice. Yes indeed I've set the parameter to ports-03. However it seems that when installing with lc_turnkey option the port 4444 for the JBoss server is programmed. I needed to change the listener port of the other application running on the system to get Adobe LC ES3 running.

Best regards

Rene

Am 08.08.2013 um 04:52 schrieb N Santosh Kumar:

Re: JBoss configuration failed on verifying ports

created by N Santosh Kumar in LiveCycle installation, configuration, deployment, and administration - View the full discussion

Hi Rene,

Have you tried -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01 parameter as JBoss startup parameter.

This is a feature of JBoss which adds 100 to each port it uses , JBoss uses 4544 instead of 4444 automatically.

--Santosh

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5575978#5575978

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in LiveCycle installation, configuration, deployment, and administration by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.