Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JavaScript - Returning function results to a field

Former Community Member

Hello!

I'm (still) trying to figure out how to work with a JavaScript function in LiveCycle Designer - no success.

I've got this textfield and a calculated number field.

I'm using the textfield calculate event to call a function and get a returned value from it.

So, the textfield name is extenso and the calculate event code is as follows:

form1.#subform[0].extenso::calculate - (JavaScript, client)
this.rawValue = utils.porExtenso(total.rawValue);

This is the function porExtenso:

form1.#variables[0].utils - (JavaScript, client)
function porExtenso(c)
{
return c.rawValue;
}

I have alreadty tested the variable c and the value is being received correctly inside the function, but it is not being returned to the field.

Please, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any hints!

Marcos

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You woudl not return c.rawValue as the rawValue method only applies to xfa objects. c is the javascript variable that holds the passed value so you woudl simply use return c

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You woudl not return c.rawValue as the rawValue method only applies to xfa objects. c is the javascript variable that holds the passed value so you woudl simply use return c

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----