Expand my Community achievements bar.

javascript debugger window disappears quickly

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I built a search fragment, that accesses a back-end system and allows the user to select a customer and then populates the selected customer information in hidden fields.  This search fragment will be incorporated into most of our forms to allow a customer search and then prepopulate the selected customer on the form. 

The fragment worked wonderfully when previewing it by itself.  But when I added it to a blank form and tried to preview it, a javascript error occurred.  The javascript window would pop up quickly and then disappear.  By happenstance I was able to resolve the problem, however...

The real problem is that the javascript debugger window popped up with an error and then quickly disappeared, and I was unable to see the error message to resolve the issue.  Each time I would create a form and drag the fragment in and preview it, the javascript window would pop up and disappear so fast that I was unable to see the error.  CTRL-J would not surface the javascript debugger window.  And yes, I did minimize all windows to see if I could get to the javascript debugger window - no luck.

Has anyone experienced this? 

Elaine

1 Reply

Level 4

I wanted to post back here with the resolution - it seems I have to have acrobat pro opened and minimized to get the javascript debugger to appear.  Not sure why, but it works, so I'm good.  Thanks to Ahmet for the answer.