Expand my Community achievements bar.

Java, Lotus Notes and WebSphere

Level 2

Hello,

I'm using the Barcoded Forms component and I'm invoking its methods through the Java API.

I've successfully done so using the Rational Application Developer IDE, but I had to turn off the security on the WebSphere Application Server.

Now I want to run the same application on Lotus Notes, so I created a Java Agent.

When I run the Agent, it gives me the following exception at the line of creating a ServiceClientFactory object.

Kindly keep in mind that the security on WAS is off.

Exception in thread "AgentThread: JavaAgent" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:216)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClientFactory.<clinit>(ServiceClientFactory.java:60)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:194)
at JavaAgent.NotesMain(JavaAgent.java:29)
at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)
at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission shutdownHooks)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:108)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:548)
at COM.ibm.JEmpower.applet.AppletSecurity.superDotCheckPermission(AppletSecurity.java:1440)
at COM.ibm.JEmpower.applet.AppletSecurity.checkRuntimePermission(AppletSecurity.java:1302)
at COM.ibm.JEmpower.applet.AppletSecurity.checkPermission(AppletSecurity.java:1516)
at COM.ibm.JEmpower.applet.AppletSecurity.checkPermission(AppletSecurity.java:1455)
at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:204)
at java.util.logging.LogManager.<init>(LogManager.java:243)
at com.adobe.logging.AdobeLogManager.<init>(AdobeLogManager.java:31)
at com.adobe.logging.AdobeLogger$BootstrapLogManager.<init>(AdobeLogger.java:185)
at com.adobe.logging.AdobeLogger.<clinit>(AdobeLogger.java:180)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:194)
... 6 more

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi

I am facing the same problem. Were you able to solve this issue. Kindly let me know in that case, it would be really helpfull...