Expand my Community achievements bar.

Japanees language problem- in reader

Level 5

I cannot open form in reader. It shows following message.

japanies.jpg

How can I fix it without installing japanese font?

In addition I opened this same form in reader before.

13 Replies

Former Community Member

Is the form yours and have you made any changes to it? There must be content driving Reader to think CJK language support is required.

Could you send me the form? If so, forward the form to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com.

Steve

Level 5

Thanks for response.

I have fixed it by retyping last content changed. I copied from google doc and pasted in several form. However, only one letter got such problem.

So I wish to know why shuch problem is created. Only font causes this problem?

Do we have any alternative way without retyping or installing Japanese font?

with regards

greenlnd34

Former Community Member

Do you want to render the characters in Japanese?

Level 5

No, I do not want so. Unfortunately, that problem was created after copying though other forms were OK. I changed font before retyping to fix but it enforced me to retype.

So I cannot realize what is the main problem.

In future if I see such japanese problem, what I should do without retyping or installing japanese font ( I do not want Japanese font).

I think I am clear to you.

Best regards

greenlnd34

Level 5

Or how can I indentify which font is japanese?  If it is possible to identify, it will be easier to edit or retype.

Level 2

I am having the same problem when I paste certain characters into my form i.e. 

The form sits on our website and users are pasting content in (usually from Microsoft Word).  I have found the exact characters that are causing this to happen but I dont know how to fix the problem. It is... ⅙???  I am guessing this is something to do with copying and pasting from Microsoft Word however I cannot ask my users not to do this so I need a fix. 

Can anyone help or shed some light?

Thanks

Johnny

Former Community Member

My guess is that the font that is being copied is not available so font substitution happens ....and the font that is chosen is the Japaneese one. Remember that this is only a guess.

Paul

Level 5

Have you retyped those characters?

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Yeah, whats happening is that users are copying text from Microsoft Office.  So when the user types fractions i.e 1/6, Office is automatically converting to superscript (i think is the term). and when they paste this into livecyle form the 'Japanese Language Support' alert appears.  But the font used in Office in my example is Arial so thats pretty standard.

I was assuming there may be a setting somewhere within livecycle to pre-install language support so when you save pdf and extend features everything would be perfect... (in an ideal world!!)

thanks

Level 2

Hi greenlnd34.. when I retype it works fine, but I cant ask our users (Teachers) to retype everything, and as I dont know what their system limitations are regarding privelages to install etc. I was hoping to fix the problem so they wont have to retype.

Thanks

Level 5

I think we have two option - one is to retype to fix and another one is to install japanese fonts.

Paul can give us authentic information about it.

Level 2

It looks like it is a font issue.  So I am trying to find an OpenType font which includes additional fractions.

http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/info/glyphs.html

Diagonal Fractions.

Theses fonts include an expanded set of the most commonly used diagonal fractions beyond 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 and may include additional fractions such as 1/8, 3/8, 5/8, 7/8, 1/3, and 2/3. Some Adobe OpenType fonts also support the creation of arbitrary fractions.

Level 2

For anyone following/future following this thread.  I didnt have any luck with the open font, so I am now going to test changing the text boxes to Rich Text.  I know this can accept all additional fractions but I want to test for any side effects.

Thanks.