Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issues with trial turnkey LiveCycle ES3 server installation

Level 2

Hello experts

I am having all sorts of problems with Trial Windows x64 turnkey version of LiveCycle ES3 server.

During installation I got some errors (they were not descriptive at all) but process has been finalized (no errors in install logs). At the moment I am faced with following issues:

1) Reader Extensions module does not want to start (see my other post http://forums.adobe.com/message/4633599)

2) Workspace module does not start, I only get to see busy icon/animation (rotating circle)

3) Workbench does not want to connect to LiveCycle server. I am getting following message:

Workbench-ES-error.gif

Can someone help me to try and understand whats happening?

Regards

Michael

3 Replies

Level 2

I have decided to install clean OS (W7 x64) and after that ES3 turnkey deployment went fine. All the modules installed seem to be working (touch the wood). The only problem I got was when I've decided to add some module using Configuration Manager. I got some nasty and not awfully descriptive errors. I have then un-installed whole suite and install it again (this time with the module I was after).

Pity that errors thrown during installation were not particularly meaningful, system on which I have been trying to install it before is successfully hosting couple other servers and several applications (many of them Adobe) so I cant see why ES3 would not be able to deploy there.

Anyway, my advice to anyone who is struggling with installation of that trial: use VMWare Player, setup clean OS and install ES3 on VM.

Employee

This usually occurs if Workbench version is incompatible with version of LiveCycle.

Can you ensure that you are using the same workbench that is shipped along with LiveCycle ES3 ?

As a workaround one can disable compatibilitycheck option in workbench.ini file and continue using it , but it's better to use the workbench that is shipped along with the version of LiveCycle of your interest

Level 2

Santosh

Both ES3 installation and workbench have been downloaded from same Adobe site with links to trial versions of these products.

This problem has been solved after installing whole suite on clean OS.

Regards

Michael