Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue with renderPDFForm

Level 1

Hi, I recently added the Forms 1.1 module to my livecycle install. When I try to create a PDF form using the renderPDFForm generator, I get the message "this document type can not be recorded" in the value field for the document variable that I'm trying to output the rendered form to (in a play recorded process window). Any idea why this may be happening? I've checked the schema numerous times and am very sure that it works and even tried the exact same form, schema and data on a different server with the renderPDFForm service and it worked.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It may in fact be working just fine.

Try to use a Write Document from the File System service and see if it get written to the file system.

That way you'll know for sure.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It may in fact be working just fine.

Try to use a Write Document from the File System service and see if it get written to the file system.

That way you'll know for sure.

Jasmin

Level 10

Hi,

I have created a simple process with your scenario but it just working fine. I mean, the document variable is recorded.

I have exported the LCA here:

http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle/web/Sub_1-0_2010-06-15-0723.lca

Try to deploy on your server and try what happens.

Nith

Level 1

Hi guys, sorry about not getting back initially. The form was in fact getting rendered just fine. Don't know why livecycle couldn't show it in the recording process but I added a service at the end to save it to disk and it showed up fine on my drive so is all good!